I long for a time far from here. I long to hear real intellectuals debating, not pundits spouting out their five highlighted topics of debate. I would kill to see a candidate step outside the lines of "political correctness" and go for the proverbial jugular. Washington is fake now; they are nothing but empty suits...on both sides of the aisle. It disappoints me and scares me to no end. When we start propping up mediocrity as the norm we destroy excellence in the wake.
Tonight and in the past I have paid close attention to the Presidential and Vice Presidential debates. I don't know why I watch them. It is nothing more than a dog and pony show. I thought both Biden and Palin did a very average job. Palin is new to the scene, you can tell, and Biden is nothing more than a East coast political hack, which you can also tell. Biden was semi-well spoken, but in all honesty I cringe at what the liberal democrat platform stands on (government control of our healthcare, global warming being man-made, the thought that government needs to extend their hands into our child's PRESCHOOL education, and so on. I disdain the idea of a cradle to grave society. Government, leave me the hell alone and get out of my life!). On the other side I think Palin could have ripped off Biden's nuts on a few issues, and she opted for a more mediocre road with less bumps.
When talking about the economic issues that we are facing today the dems LOVE to point out the republicans HATE and avoid regulation at all cost, but that is NOT the case. Take a look at this video from a congressional hearing in 2004. Dems are backing the fraudulent Freddie and Fannie and their illustrious leaders. Republicans are calling for reform and oversight. ARGH. Sarah could have jumped all over Biden's ass and chose not to. If I have one true qualm with the Republican party it is this: They do not fully stand for what they believe in. *sigh*
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_MGT_cSi7Rs
When it comes to Afghanistan, Pakistan, and Iraq I strongly agree with McCain. First...for all of you war hating hippies out there. Obama will still have us in Iraq, he won't be leaving anytime soon. Oh well, get over it. I think, and so does Mark, that the surge idea in Afghanistan will work. Currently terrorists are over there killing whole towns, raping women and children who are trying to get educations and there is no support for the Afghan government due to fear. If NATO and allied forces clear areas, and keep them clear from asshole 14th century shitbag terrorists, then the people will gain confidence in their elected leaders, they will start to build and participate more in their country and they will get out from under the control of these evil evil people. Pak harbors terrorists on their border, but it is no fault of their own. In that region you have several tribes that do NOT align with Pak and therefore the military and the government in that area does not control the masses. It is a messy country and the new leadership has so much to deal with. Our goals over there should be to keep a consistent government that will not lose control of it's people. If it does then nukes could fall in the wrong hands, so supporting the leadership is the best thing we can currently do with them.
All in all I still like Palin. She is confident and I relate to her as a mother, and a conservative woman. I like that about her. I think she has a WONDERFUL grasp on the energy issues and I know that she will take a bite out of Washington, and that is needed. I will vote for McCain (HA, like you didn't know) but I do wish and long for a party that truly is willing to speak it's mind. I long for a leader that will not cower behind the speech writers and the notes and the party. I long for a true leader in this time of American Idol candidates.
Jenny
Thursday, October 2, 2008
Plastic Politics...
Posted by Jenny at 8:42 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment