I've been in a bit of a creative slump of late. I don't quite know why. For the last few nights I have gazed at my computer screen, and nothing, I mean nothing has come into my brain. *sigh*
So here are some things that I want to do. Take this as my brainstorm to get my mind back on track. I feel so lost right now...
1. I want to go to culinary school in Italy for one of my anniversaries. I love cooking (when I am not doing dishes) and I would kill to spend a week in Tuscany drinking wine and learning how to make some fresh wonderful pasta dishes (did I mention the wine?). I think for my 15 year anniversary this will be in order. Either that or this would be a great trip to do with my mom and sister....did I mention the wine?
2. I want to take classes in Russian History. Russia, to me, is shrouded in mystery. It is a fascinating country that has ties to the east and the west, and I believe that they don't quite know which identity they want to consume their existence. I love the history of Imperial Russia. I love the people that have made than country so troubled. I studied Russia in college and would love to expand more upon my knowledge. It's a mildly weird obsession I have. Don't ask...
3. I want to go on a driving trip across the whole USA. (I might do this with Renee is Mark deploys sometime.) We travel well together. She was perfect on our trip through OK, MO, LA, TX, AL, and GA. This time I would like to go into the American Southwest and explore Bryce Canyon, the Grand Canyon, and so many other wonderful places. I want to stay in the National Parks and show Renee the rugged beauty of America. I want her to appreciate life without electronics, TV, and school and in all honesty I want to do the same.
4. I want another child. Mark and I are ready for #2. We wanted to be PG already, but as fate would have it our timing was NOT that good. All summer I was away from Mark during those "critical" times of the month...and needless to say we still have no Thing #2. Oh well. Now I am in a holding pattern because my sister is getting married in June of next year...and if I were to get PG this month I would be due on her wedding day. As matron of honor I don't think that would work out so well. hmmm. So we wait. When your clock starts ticking this whole waiting thing really sucks. Renee's going to be 4 or 5 when the next kiddo rolls around...and that's not thrilling me. *oh well* Needless to say there isn't much I can do about it currently.
5. I want to go to a new church. I love Wesley Methodist, but I MISS the Missouri Synod Lutheran Church. I miss the structure of the church service and I miss their teachings...so we are going elsewhere. Problem is Evans, GA (and all of the south) don't host many Lutheran churches. We have one in town, but it is a drive. At this point I think it is worth it.
6. I want to paint. I want to paint my whole house. I just finished my kitchen and now I am itching to paint my living room and dining room. I think it might be time to hire a painter...my ceilings are high and I don't have the tools to get up there. Plus, that is a LOT of work. UGH.
OK I am sleepy and off to bed. Sorry for the randomness of this. I just felt the need to TYPE something.
Jenny
Tuesday, September 23, 2008
A slump of writing proportions.
Posted by Jenny at 7:30 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Keith and I are going to Italy in 2010 for our 10 year anniversary...you should come with!
Okay...I didn't know you had a BLOG!!! I don't get on myspace that much since FB :) I created myspace to view some photos of my cousin about a year ago and created an email that I hardly ever check on yahoo...that's why I just now got your request! I have a Blog too!!! I'm not near the writer as you and mainly use mine to share pictures of us with out of town family and friends!
Post a Comment