Moms.
We are a special breed of people.
We have lofty goals for our children, we have expectations of our families, we love to let others know how perfect our lives are...and then...and then we are faced with what our reality really is all about. he he he.
Those who have read many of my blogs probably know that I will start regaling you all with a rather comedic story of Renee and our mother and daughter relationship. Well, I am not going to let you down, I promise.
Today is Halloween, a day for scaring, and booing, and gorging ourselves into sugar induced comas. Today is a day to believe in ghosts (or at least pretend to) and welcome in spirits into your home. Well, Renee, my wonderful three year old did just that. Today we had a galgothan enter our home. If you don't know what a galothan is, please go rent the movie "Dogma". It, in very nice terms is a "Poop-Demon". Yes, Renee has found one, and it attacked our upstairs potty while I was on the phone with my sister. *sigh*
I have been very proud of Renee lately. She really has turned into a young lady. She is smart, cute, spunky, and rather self sufficient. I think God noted that my mommy-hubris was a little out of control, so he let Renee enter kid overdrive today. My self-sufficient little girl went to the potty all by herself. She told me she had to poop, and I let her go all alone (she does most of the time now, but I usually follow her when poo is in the equation). I didn't today.
"Why she's a big girl...i don't need to help."
HA HA HA. Funny me. Well, today Renee, when doing good old number 2 didn't get her bottom all of the way onto the potty. Consequently she made a LARGE mess all over the seat (God bless OATMEAL and bananas). She decided NOT to tell me about her mess. She then tried to clean up her mess...with toilet paper. Which SMEARED the mess more than I knew was possible (all over the toilet seat, part of the back of the potty, and her potty seat..inside and out). She then wiped her bottom (missing 95% of the goodness), pulled up her panties and pants, and then came squishing over to me and told me she was done.
OH the smell. It hit me right away. I took down her pants, surveyed the damage...gacked...wiped down my little lady and then went to see the bathroom. OH MY.
I ask you...how can a 28 pound midget produce SO MUCH MESS!?!?!!?
I looked at Renee, and at the potty, and at Renee again (who is looking proud of herself). The exchange went something like this:
"Renee, honey (note me trying not to yell...she is 3...only 3 this is MY fault I didn't go with her to the potty...oh GOD look at this mess) why is there poo all over the potty?"
"Ummm because it is on the potty."
"Renee, why did you poo on the potty?"
"BECAUSE I'M SILLY MOMMY! HA HA HA! (think high squeaky Renee laugh)"
"No...Renee this isn't SILLY! Why did you poop all over the potty?!?!?"
Crying ensues. Mommy feels badly for asking why Renee needed to make some modern art all over the commode. Mom cleans/scrubs/sanitizes the potty and potty seat. Mom bathes Renee. Mom talks with Renee about how we sit on the potty and why, if there is POO all over the potty that Mommy needs to be notified right away....
I love reality checks.
Jenny
Friday, October 31, 2008
Trick...or treat?
Posted by Jenny at 10:55 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
I can relate...this happened to me once! Gotta love them trying to be big kids though :) BTW...love your new background!
Post a Comment