Monday, October 12, 2009

Harbinger of things to come...

Tomorrow is a new day for me. Tomorrow I will be photographing a newborn baby. For the last year or so I have really taken a liking to photography. I love taking pictures and capturing the life of my child through a camera, and I wonder if I can translate my love to other people and their children. I think there must be a certain joy in focusing in on the happiness and joy that a family offers. Moments of childhood are so fleeting and so precious...and to get a moment on film is a magical moment for me.


Recently my friend Jolene gave birth to a sweet little baby girl (she has three boys mind you) and I approached her about shooting some images just for the heck of it. So at 10 tomorrow I am skirting over to her house (for an "on location" and natural lighting shoot) where I plan on trying my hand at actual photography. (Not just obsessively taking shots of my child...) I figure it's a win win situation. Jolene will get some cute (hopefully) images of her little honey and I will get a see if this is an avenue I might want to pursue later in life (once Renee is in school I might go back for a photography degree..or attend workshops or something...)

I dream one day of owning and running a successful business and I think this MAY be my outlet. I'll post my images soon enough...here is to hope that I get some good pics and like this process enough to continue on and learn more. :o)

Jenny

0 comments: