Today was a blast. I had a nice shot back to my childhood, and it tickled me to no end.
On Friday my family packed up the car and went on an overnight trip to Athens, GA. Santa had given Mark some tickets for a MU vs UGA basketball game and we decided to take a small side trip and also enjoy the town that the University of Georgia is in. What a great trip it was. We got some great recommendations and ate at Copper Creek Brewery. MMM. The beer and the food rocked. :)
Today before the game we toured campus. We saw the art buildings, the sporting complexes, and then headed over to North Campus. After we walked under the Archway on north campus and there Renee spotted billions of furry "friends" (aka freakishly LARGE and overly furry squirrels). For the next hour Mark and I chased Renee, while she, in turn, chased her buddies into all of the surrounding trees. I literally think my daughter terrorized up to 40 small woodland animals today. It was great. I started to remember back to my childhood...a vast majority of my energy as a kid was used to A) beat up my younger sister and to B) try to capture every small fuzzy creature that i came across (because I knew DEEP in my heart...all of these creates LONGED to be in my arms). he he he. I unfortunately never caught any of the said animals, but I knew it was just an oversight on their part. They didn't KNOW any better. he he he.
Today, Renee carried on my hysteria. After every thwarted attempt she would look back at Mark and myself and ask WHY mom? Why won't they let me catch them?!?!? Our logical answer of "Well honey, you scare the crap out of animals when you run after them screaming that they need to be tickled." didn't seem to float with her. OH well. I have a feeling for the next 8 years or so all of the fluffy animals that run across Renee will have the same experience that these poor overfed UGA squirrels had today.
(I think this squirrel was thinking "OH S***!)
Happy New Year all!
Jenny

0 comments:
Post a Comment